Collection of your personal data
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Email address
- Postal contact detail
- Telephone number(s)
- Date and place of sealing
- Date of birth
Use of your personal data
The lawful basis for collecting and using the personal data will depend on the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal data from you only:
- where we have your consent to do so;
- where the processing is in your legitimate interests; or
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights.
Details about the lawful bases for processing personal data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website.
Storage and retention of your personal data
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected.
Disclosure and security of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to third parties when permitted to do so including:
- with your consent;
- where we have a contract with a processor acting on our behalf;
- if we have a lawful basis for doing so;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes providing your personal data to other organisations, such as the Police, for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime.
We will never share or sell your personal data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
All personal data you provide to us will be stored securely, both physically and electronically, in accordance with our policies.
We will ensure you can exercise your rights in relation to the personal data you provide to us. These are as follows:
- You can request that we erase the personal data we hold, or ask us to stop or restrict processing if you have an objection. You can do this at any time using the contact details above.
- You can request access to the personal data we hold about you at any time using the contact details above.
- You can ask us to update your personal data if it changes.
- You can ask for a copy of your information in a machine-readable format to allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. (the right to data portability).
- If you have any unresolved problems relating to the use of your personal data, you may complain to us using the contact details above.
- You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority, about our collection and use of your personal data. They can be contacted at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Further details about your rights and the complaints process can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website ico.org.uk
If you have any questions about this statement or the operation of this Website, you may contact us via the Contact page or address shown above