NOTES AND GUIDELINES FOR HOURS OF WORSHIP AT SIDCUP FROM JULY 2020
Please ensure you read and understand all the guidelines below before completing the online registration form for Hours of Worship at Sidcup. Submitting the registration form confirms that you agree to abide by these guidelines. Please also note that the guidelines are subject to change as the guidance from the government changes.
Hours of Worship will be held every Sunday at 9:00 am, except for the last Sunday of the month, when the Hour will be at 10:30 am
- Registration is required for Hours of Worship due to the limits imposed by current government restrictions as well as health and safety considerations. The frequency of attendance will be determined by the number of registrants as spaces will be limited. All efforts will be made to give as many people as possible the opportunity to join the Hours of Worship.
- Registration will be done on a monthly basis for the Hours of Worship available that month (starting from July). Please select all dates that you are available to attend.
- Registrations will be confirmed, and registrants will be notified of the dates which they may attend. Registrants can only attend on the dates allocated in the confirmation email/text message.
- Cancellations – If you are unable to attend on a date allocated to you, please send a cancellation email to email@example.com latest by 12 noon on the Saturday before the allocated date so that the space can be offered to others on the waiting list.
- Waiting lists – Where there are late cancellations, freed up spaces will be offered to those on the waiting list. Please indicate in the form if you would like to be placed on the waiting list. You will be notified via text and/or phone call by 6:00 pm on the preceding Saturday at the latest if a space has opened for you to attend on the Sunday.
- For protection and safety, face covering masks (not plastic visors) must be worn at all times when indoors or within the proximity of others on the premises. Face coverings should be either white or black. In all cases, multi-coloured or loud face coverings are to be avoided.
- Hand sanitisers will be provided and must be applied before entry into the building.
- Arrival & Departure – Only those on duty may enter the premises before 8:30 am (or 10:00am on the last Sunday of the month). There can be no social exchanges within the premises. Therefore, all attendees except those with duties are to leave the premises immediately after the Hour. Appropriate physical distancing must however be maintained at all times when on the premises.
- Waiting areas – As our waiting rooms have limited space and strict physical distancing must be maintained, those who are driving should consider remaining in their vehicles where possible, until it is time to go directly into the Hall of Worship. Exceptions will be made in cases of inclement weather. Those who are allowed into the waiting rooms need to have face covering on at all times whilst in the building. Toilet facilities will be available for use.
- Personal effects – As much as possible, please leave all personal effects (handbags, mobile phones, etc.) stored safely in your vehicle if you are driving, as access to the waiting rooms will be restricted. There will be no changing facilities available, not even for shoe changing. Umbrellas can be left in the designated storage places where required.
- In the Hall of Worship, the appropriate physical distancing will also be maintained. Please strictly follow the guidance of the ushers.
- Childminding – Children are NOT allowed on the premises for the time being. There is therefore no provision for childminding.
- The Tea/Coffee station in the Summer House is restricted and will not be available for general use.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the related government guidelines, there are some restrictions regarding those who may attend Hours of Worship at this time. As the situation changes, these restrictions may be modified. Please contact the Circle Leader if you need any further clarity on this or if you wish to discuss personal circumstances.
The following categories are currently restricted:
- Anyone with ANY of the known symptoms of COVID-19
- Anyone feeling unwell for whatever reason should not attend as the symptoms of COVID-19 are quite variable.
- Anyone who has been advised to shield e.g. those with underlying medical conditions (check here)
- Anyone who has been asked to self-isolate according to government guidelines because of suspected exposure to COVID-19
- Anyone over age 70 is strongly advised not to attend for the time being. If you wish to discuss personal circumstances, please contact the Circle Leader.
To register for Hours of Worship, please fill out and submit the form below.
[gravityform id=”8″ title=”false” description=”false”]